The Ministry of education, Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) will follow a new rating system for International universities in Dubai. The universities of Dubai will be star-rated on a diverse framework. The initiative will help students and decision-makers to manifest higher education institutes across Dubai. It will encourage international universities of Dubai to carter strengths and opportunities which will ultimately help in improving the quality standards and hence attracting new investors.
Sheikh Hamdan added “We continue to develop plans and strategies for improving Dubai’s high-quality educational offerings and facilitating the establishment of more campuses of prestigious international universities. We are striving to further boost Dubai’s global competitiveness in this domain by ensuring the highest quality standards.”
Execution of the new rating system for International universities was developed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), It is based on the “highest benchmarks” affirmed by countries to attract foreign students. It will act as a systematic and logical approach for students to opt for higher studies in Dubai.
Dubai is in a continuous effort to develop its research and development sector. The star-rating framework is based on the quality system affirmed by over a thousand institutions in 80 countries. This framework will also enhance the quality of life of students by promoting high-quality amenities.
The latest ratings which were revealed as per new rating system for International universities by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority, out of 17 only 3 Universities received 5 stars.
See also: Universities in Dubai
6-level new rating system for International universities and what it means:
- 1 star: To the institutions which offers good education for students and holds the skills to achieve progress and development
- 2 stars: To the institutions Offering good education and shows progress with respect to key figures.
- 3 stars: Offering high-quality education and has manifested strong key standards
- 4 stars: Offers excellent education and shows strong outcomes across all system models
- 5 stars: To the institutions offering world-class education and has described strong standards in all system categories.
- More than 5 stars: Meets all the criteria of a five-star rated institution in addition to being identified as one of the world’s leading institute.
What the system assesses
- Key standards: Quality of teaching, research and development, best practices, global experience and recruitment.
- Secondary standards: Quality of educational curricula and the learning atmosphere
- Optional measures: Institute culture, state of life, arts, creativity and social responsibility.